Skip to main content

Missing CloudService issue in Orchard Project for Windows Azure

I was strugling to figure out what was wrong with my svn copy of the Orchard project, which was just updated through SVN.

When I ran the "ClickToBuildAzurePackage.cmd" command line tool, it kept erroring out.

When the Windows Azure SDK November 2011 version was released I updated the version to that, but I could not connect the dots that it could be the issue.

The updated SDK renames the "CloudService.targets" to "WindowsAzure.targets" and other related updates in the November 2011 release.

The error seems to have originated because, I had the svn for months and after running an update command through the TortoiseHg, I assumed I have the latest copy but it seems many of the files were removed added and deleted and my copy was in essense not upto date.

I tried running the "ClickToBuildAzurePackage.cmd" but it resulted in errors and it seems the errors were because of the issue with new directories not being mapped in the "AzurePackage.proj" file.

Origial value:
<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\Cloud Service\1.0\Visual Studio 10.0\Microsoft.CloudService.targets" />

Updated value:
<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v$(VisualStudioVersion)\Windows Azure Tools\1.6\Microsoft.WindowsAzure.targets" />

When you don't update the svn and it gets such issues than the best option is to delete the svn and start over by cloning the svn copy again. That's what I ended up doing, to resolve my issue.


Popular posts from this blog

Completed UiPath - RPA Developer Advance Training

After a month of training, with late nights and weekends I have completed the UiPath RPA Developer Advance Training. The Level 1 Foundation Training pretty much covered all the basics of Desktop studio and workflows, only draw back was I started with the default foundation course which was for 2016, and all document reference links where pointing to 2016 version. I didn't understand it during the foundation training and kept switching to 2018 version document/page. Only after completing the Foundation course that I realized, I was suppose to have started with the 2018 version of Level 1 Foundation Training, but as it was optional I didn't have to retake the 2018 version, the 2016 was good enough for moving to level 2. The Level 2 Orchestrator 2018.3 Training as good. It gave good understanding of Queue's, Jobs, and schedules and I was able to complete the level two much faster then the level 1. The Level 3 UiPath Advanced Training was bit tough as it involved the a

KB 294807 - IIS Server - PHP FastCGI 500 Error 0xfffffffe

Resolved issue today of IIS Server - PHP FastCGI 500 Error 0xfffffffe by deleting "Windows Temp" folder files. We used Cygwin to customize some permissions of "Windows Temp" folder and after few hours the website stopped working. The search online was giving all kinds of different solution except what I was looking for. I was hoping the stackoverflow will have answers but even this post didn't cover the issue I was running into. Restarting the IIS didn't work, but deleting temp files cleared the issue, but now the problem is how long before the site will go down again? Hope the issue is resolved for ever, if not; I will update this post later.

QlikSense - Custom Form Login Screen

Extension of:  Custom login, logout and error forms for Qlik Sense by RPK QlikSense - Custom Login Screen Install Node on QlikSense Server: URL: Saved at: C:\server-tools\Downloads\Node Installed at: C:\server-tools\Runtime\nodejs\ Keep default options Create Folder: C:\QlikForm Clone git Repository and keep updates private: # Open Shell/Bash/Command Prompt cd /QlikForm # Ref: git clone --bare .git cd QS-Custom-Forms.git git push --mirror<name>/QS-Custom-Forms.git cd .. (go to parent folder) # remove other users repo clone rm -rf QS-Custom-Forms.git # clone witinc private repo git clone<name>/QS-Custom-Forms.git Get latest copy of login pages: # Open She